Hobart Restaurant Tips by seamandrew Top 5 Page for this destination
Hobart Restaurants: 55 reviews and 65 photos
The interior of Athena's on the Pier
Liz and I had one full day to explore Hobart and enjoy the city. We decided to find a really nice restaurant and have a nice romantic evening near the harbor. We had to pass up most of the restaurants because the vegetarian choices were limited for Liz. Athena's however had a number of options for her and wasn't as dressed up a place as some of the others which we were happy with considering we had spent the day walking around the city.
We were greeted promptly and with extreme friendliness. We opted for table out on the pier facing the water and some of the historical boats. It was very romantic and as we waited for our food, night slowly approached and the cold hit Elisabeth so we had to move to table inside.
When the food came out, we were blown away . The service till then had been excellent, and the food was just as spectacular. We enjoyed every morsel of our meal and decided, we couldn't pass up on dessert at this place.
I strongly recommend this place for anyone visiting Tasmania. Espeically if you want a change from the typical seafood restaurants dotting the pier.
Favorite Dish: The Tasmanian Ranoch Quail is phenomenal! Liz had the Yemista which was also really good. Their Tzatziki is also a must try.
Address: Elizabeth Street Pier, Franklin Wharf, Hobart TAS
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Head to the waterfront and ask for the Elizabeth Street Pier, Athena's is right next to the old clipper ship.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: +61 03 6224 2200
More Reviews (25)
- See All Freycinet National Park
- A small town so far away yet so close.
- See All Mt. Wellington
- See All Tours of all sorts
seamandrew's Related Pages
Hobart Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Hobart Page"
- "IMPREXXION: TASMANIA-HOBART"
- "Hobart - The Capital City of Tasmania"
- "Hobart - relax, you're there"
- "Snow on Christmas Day?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hobart
- Hotels in Hobart
- Transportation in Hobart
- Nightlife in Hobart
- Restaurants in Hobart
- Shopping in Hobart
- Warnings and Dangers in Hobart
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hobart
- 26 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Hobart?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hobart
Photos in HobartSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 78 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Mountains.- 22 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Salamanca Markets.- 20 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Museums.- 12 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Breweries and Confection visits.- 12 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Parks / Gardens / National parks.- 19 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Forestier, Tasman Peninsula / Port Arthur.- 18 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Richmond- 7 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Suburbs.- 10 Reviews, 26 Photos
- East Coast.- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Launceston.- 1 Review, 1 Photo