"Eastern parts of Finland" Itä-Suomi by Janni67
Itä-Suomi Travel Guide: 380 reviews and 1,071 photos
We spent 5 days in Nothern Karelia in Eastern Finland. Rented a summer cottage there and visited some local sights like Koli and Runonlaulajan pirtti.
... is part of eastern Finland. There's one bigger town called Joensuu which is the capital of the area, but the other towns are quite small.
- Pros:Nice scenery
- Cons:Once you've seen the main attractions that's about it...
- In a nutshell:Visit Koli, the Finnish national scene.
The Koli Hills have been a popular tourist attraction since the turn of the century. Rising 347 metres above the sea... more travel advice
In the North Karelia area there are a lot of monuments on places where battles took place during the WW II. Monuments... more travel advice
Janni67's Related Pages
Itä-Suomi Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Itä-Suomi
- Hotels in Itä-Suomi
- Transportation in Itä-Suomi
- Nightlife in Itä-Suomi
- Restaurants in Itä-Suomi
- Shopping in Itä-Suomi
- Warnings and Dangers in Itä-Suomi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Itä-Suomi
- 14 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Itä-Suomi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Itä-Suomi
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Itä-Suomi Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Finland Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pori Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Ireland Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Austria Intro, 19 photos, 3 travelogues