"Tampere - my favorite city in Finland" Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere by Janni67

Tampere Travel Guide: 608 reviews and 1,132 photos

Tampere is the largest inland city of the Nordic countries with 200 000 inhabitants. Tampere was founded in 1779 on the banks of the Tammerkoski Rapids which is actually one of Finland´s official national scenes.

To be truthful, I don't live in Tampere anymore. I live in Siivikkala, Ylöjärvi next to Tampere. From our house it's 2 kilometres to the border with Tampere, but VT doesn't know Ylöjärvi... I used to live in Tampere for about 9 months before we moved to this small town where I want to stay the rest of my life; Tampere's close but the area around us is almost like countryside :)

<font face="Eras Demi ITC"><font color=#1874CD><font size=3> Finally I've made some more tips for you! Sunday 23.11.03 we went to see the Christmas Parade in the centre and I took the chance of snapping some photos. Page is still under construction though and more tips will be added little by little. Hope this is of any help to you...
<a
</font>

• Pros:One of the biggest towns in Finland. Lots of tourist attractions. Beautiful in summer!
  • Cons:None :)
  • In a nutshell:Do visit if you come to Finland. I can show you around if you like! ;)
  • Intro Updated Nov 23, 2003

• angieangelica's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 8:55 PM

hello! lovely page and lots of good info! i've been wanting to get to finland for ages! will be in england this summer and might have to hop over on ryan air for a bit.. any hostels you'd recommend in tampere?? thanks!

• Scandic's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 10:23 AM

Good and very funny pages. The pictures describe the town very very well! Gotta come to visit soon. Have a great spring there:)

• Dagon's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2004 at 11:31 AM

Great page !!! I'd love to visit Tampere :D Maybe, in the future, I'll be able to try "mustamakkara" :) ... very interesting... :D Greetings from Gdansk :)

• JourneyOf1's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 12:08 PM

Tampere is certainly a beautiful city! You've made a great page, terrific pics and tips>>>>Yvette

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 10:42 AM

I too was likening the factory Milieu to Manchester before I read that you had! A very interesting page, with lovely photos

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2004 at 10:53 AM

Never heard of the place! At last a page where one can't complain about the lack of information! Very nice.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2003 at 12:16 PM

regret not attending a congference there decades back, but you're making up - thanks ;-)))

• Tolik's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2003 at 3:27 PM

Coool town, excellent page!..I would like to visit Hatanpää Arboretum

• Nov 27, 2003 at 3:50 AM

Hello Jane! I enjoyed your page very much!!! I would love to see the Arboretum and its gorgeous roses!! But then I will have to come twice to Finland as the scooter snow-holiday is on my wish list too!

• annk's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2003 at 6:58 AM

Lovely page and you are giving me incentive to continue building my Helsinki page. The Viking restaurant looks yummy!

Janni67

“I learnt a lot from my mom --including travelling :)”

Badges & Stats in Tampere

Have you been to Tampere?

Latest Activity in Tampere