"Back in time" Top 5 Page for this destination La Digue by kyoub
La Digue Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 98 photos
La Digue(pronounced La Deeg) is a charming island and more like what life in the Seychelles was like years ago.
The island is 32 miles from Mahe and 2 3/4 miles from Praslin.
There are well preserved colonial style houses, palm trees, air sented by tropical flowers, beautiful beaches, granite boulders, and a bird sanctuary for the endangered Seychelles black-paradise flycatcher.
Like the tourists, the 2,000 or so inhabitants use either oxcarts, bicycles, or minibus service to get around the island.
Sculpted by wind, rain, and sun, nature's materpieces adorn the beaches in La Digue. The natural granite boulders are amazing sights.
There is a magnificent 2-mile long beach that steps down from tumbled heaps of giant granite rocks. These rocks, one heaped on top of the other, seem as though they might fall down at any moment. They appear
either grey or pink, according to the angle of the sun.
- Pros:Breathtakingly beautiful
- In a nutshell:Should not be missed
This restaurant was on the premises of the Tournesol Guest House where we stayed. The food was quite food and the... more travel advice
This unique liqueur is sold only in the seychelles and is sold in a glass bottle shaped like the Coco De Mer. The fruit... more travel advice
- See All Ox cart
- Don't forget your sunglasses
- Rare bird
- Water sports
kyoub's Related Pages
La Digue Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back in time"
- "La Digue - Remote Paradise of the Granite Islands"
- "Divine La Digue"
- "La Digue"
- "Alone on the beach"
- "La Digue - Seychelles's must visit location..."
- "One of my favourite islands, so far"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Digue
- Hotels in La Digue
- Transportation in La Digue
- Restaurants in La Digue
- Shopping in La Digue
- Warnings and Dangers in La Digue
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Digue
- 17 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to La Digue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Digue
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues