"Granite Boulders" Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles by kyoub

Seychelles Travel Guide: 968 reviews and 2,445 photos

1,000 miles from anywhere

We talked about the Seychelles for years and finally decided we would go.
We flew to Paris and from there to Mahe', Seychelles.
From there we took the ferry to Praslin.
We visited Mahe', Praslin, and La Digue islands. Curieuse, Cousin, and Aride , nature reserves, off shore islands.
Everyone was different but beautiful in their own way. Each one had beautiful sandy beaches with giant granite boulders..
The Seychelles is a tropical paradise.

La Digue

The only way to reach this island is by ferry.
At the boat dock you can rent a bike or take a ride to your hotel in an ox drawn cart.
After than laze on the most beautiful beaches in the world.

Seabird Island

Aride is open for day visits and is reached by boat from Praslin.
This island is the best seabird island. You will see White-tailed Tropicbirds, Red-tailed Tropicbirds, Brown Noddy, Fairy Terns, and Shearwaters.
After a tour of the island there is a BBQ lunch, and then snorkeling before you depart.

• Pros:Tropical Paradise
  • Cons:Quite expensive
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful
  • Last visit to Seychelles: Oct 1998
  • Intro Updated Jun 23, 2004

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2010 at 1:22 AM

The Seychelles sound really nice. Would love seeing all the Birds and Wildlife, and the Beaches look pretty good too!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM

all the small tours to different, unique islands and a rain forest was most wonderful. Excellent hotel and transportation tips. What a grand tour you have given of the Seychelles. Love the flying monkeys. I love your emphasis on nature.

• Mar 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM

please i would like to contact the Maison De palmes and please if you can help me mail me at desau2000@yahoo.ca as i would like to go on holiday there .............

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2008 at 5:17 AM

Exotic, and beautiful! The wildlife is amazing! I wonder how they've kept track of George's age!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2008 at 5:00 AM

Great overview of a dream destination!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 9:06 AM

trust you to have some terrific wildlife tips !

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 11:04 AM

A fantastic summary of your experiences while exploring the various islands of the Seychelles! It ooks like paradise to me! That's a great photo of flying foxes - I havn't seen them since my time in Madang, Papua New Guinea!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Glad to see they have bicycles for rent on LaDigue, and no cars. And I'm impressed that they have set aside entire islands as bird and wildlife refuges. But I always worry about places like this when I read about global warming and rising water levels.

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2006 at 7:19 AM

The Seychelles have been on my to do list for years! Thank you for the tips.. Nigel

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2006 at 5:03 AM

I didn't know there was so much wildlife to observe. I should put it on my list for future trips. Thanks for sharing.

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Seychelles

Have you been to Seychelles?

Latest Activity in Seychelles