"Ruins" Ruinas KohunlÝch by kyoub
Ruinas KohunlÝch Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 129 photos
Kohunlich is a corruption of the name "Cohune Ridge". Cohune is a species of fruiting palm common to the area. Kohunlich used to be known as Clarksville, which is how it is referred to in old maps and reports.
The main thing to see here is the Temple of the masks of the sun god
These are a great example of Mayan art.
Like other Mayan sites of importance, Kohunlich has a ball game court.
The games playerd here had great symbolic content, which appears to have been related to the notionsof the underworld and sacrificial rites.
- Pros:Quite interesting history
- Cons:It is ruins
- In a nutshell:Amazing
Bring your backpack with everything that you will need for a day of sightseeing. Wear comfy walking shoes because you... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Ruinas KohunlÝch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kohunlich: Mayan Ruins deep in a Tropical Jungle"
- "Kohunlich Mayan Ruins"
- "The Mayan Ruins of KOHUNLICH"
- "a lost maya site...with amazing masks"
- "Ruinas de KohunlÝch"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ruinas KohunlÝch
- Transportation in Ruinas KohunlÝch
- Nightlife in Ruinas KohunlÝch
- Warnings and Dangers in Ruinas KohunlÝch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ruinas KohunlÝch
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Ruinas KohunlÝch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ruinas KohunlÝch
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curašao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues