"Ruins" Ruinas Kohunlích by kyoub
Ruinas Kohunlích Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 129 photos
Kohunlich is a corruption of the name "Cohune Ridge". Cohune is a species of fruiting palm common to the area. Kohunlich used to be known as Clarksville, which is how it is referred to in old maps and reports.
The main thing to see here is the Temple of the masks of the sun god
These are a great example of Mayan art.
Like other Mayan sites of importance, Kohunlich has a ball game court.
The games playerd here had great symbolic content, which appears to have been related to the notionsof the underworld and sacrificial rites.
- Pros:Quite interesting history
- Cons:It is ruins
- In a nutshell:Amazing
Bring your backpack with everything that you will need for a day of sightseeing. Wear comfy walking shoes because you... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Ruinas Kohunlích Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kohunlich: Mayan Ruins deep in a Tropical Jungle"
- "Kohunlich Mayan Ruins"
- "The Mayan Ruins of KOHUNLICH"
- "a lost maya site...with amazing masks"
- "Ruinas de Kohunlích"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ruinas Kohunlích
- Transportation in Ruinas Kohunlích
- Nightlife in Ruinas Kohunlích
- Warnings and Dangers in Ruinas Kohunlích
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ruinas Kohunlích
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Ruinas Kohunlích?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ruinas Kohunlích
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues