"Birding in Texas" Matagorda by kyoub
Matagorda Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
Matagorda Bay is one of the best birding areas in Texas - shorebirds, ducks and geese, and migratory birds. The birds all seem to congregate here.
It is also an excellent place to go fishing.
Sometimes the two do not mix well as you can see in this picture.
Have you ever seen such a large gathering of White Pelicans?
I guess they could be called snowbirds because they just hangout here in the Texas sunshine waiting until spring when they fly north.
With a wingspan as great as nine and a half feet, the American white pelican is one of North America's largest birds.
This is probably the only place you will see the white pelicans hanging out with the cattle.
- Pros:Large consentration of birds
- In a nutshell:It is an amazing place
kyoub's Related Pages
Matagorda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birding in Texas"
- "Matagorda_WF's new Matagorda Page"
- "tangamanga's Matagorda Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matagorda
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Matagorda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matagorda
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues