"Ocean, beach and bay" Top 5 Page for this destination Corpus Christi by kyoub
Corpus Christi Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 296 photos
Corpus Christi Bay is considered one of the premier bird watching spots in the world. Over 400 species of birds live here or pass through during different seasons.
The bay's location makes it ideal for ducks, sandpipers,and warblers to stop and rest during their yearly migration south.
Some birds spend all winter here. For example, the red headed duck, which summers in the northern United States and Canada, migrates to Corpus Christi Bay and nearby bays each winter.
Millions of hummingbirds stop in the Corpus Christi Bay area to feed and regain their energy during their fall and spring migrations.
Thousands of people come to the area during the hummingbirds' fall migration to see these "jewels of the sky".
The Corpus Christi Bayfront is a wonderful natural asset in a beautiful tropical setting with mild year round temperatures.
- Pros:A busy city of the bay
- In a nutshell:A great place to relax or stay busy
Padre Island National Seashore, stretching 113 miles from Corpus Christi on the north almost to the Mexican border on... more travel advice
Please stay on the paths and walkways when visiting a birding area. more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Corpus Christi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frank's Corpus Christi Page"
- "Ocean, beach and bay"
- "Corpus Christi Beach"
- "Some call her the Texas Rivera"
- "Basaic Corpus Christi Page"
- "lorinay's new Corpus Christi Page"
- "Corpus Christi Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corpus Christi
- Hotels in Corpus Christi
- Transportation in Corpus Christi
- Nightlife in Corpus Christi
- Restaurants in Corpus Christi
- Shopping in Corpus Christi
- Warnings and Dangers in Corpus Christi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corpus Christi
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Corpus Christi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corpus Christi
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues