State of South Australia Off The Beaten Path Tips by kyoub Top 5 Page for this destination
State of South Australia Off The Beaten Path: 27 reviews and 47 photos
Keep your binoculars handy because thee are birds everywhere.
Some have unusual sounding names.
This is the picture of a Willy Wagtail
After leaving Bordertown, on our way back to Melbourne, we stopped at a wildlife park.
There we saw white kangaroos running and playing. Some had been brought there originally in 1980 and were doing fine.
There were also red kangaroo, and other Australian animals.
The Sealink ferry departs from Cape Jervis.
There are a couple of departures very day that crosses the Backstairs Passage and it takes 45 minutes for the crossing.
The ferry is very nice with a large passenger lounge or you can go out on the deck..
We took our rental car over on the ferry with us.
Bool Lagoon Game Reserve, is 24 km from Naracoorte. It is the largest and best wetland habitat in the south east.
Each September around 200,000 straw-necked Ibis come to the wetlands to breed in the tea tree areas,
There is a boardwalk and hide so you can observe all the action after the chicks arrive.
More Reviews (7)
kyoub's Related Pages
State of South Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Australia - the driest state in Australia."
- "Diverse Beauty to be found in SA"
- "Festival State"
- "S.A. - THE FORGOTTEN STATE!"
- "The great outdoors"
- "S.A. Great ... a stolen catchphrase!"
- "South Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of South Australia
- Hotels in State of South Australia
- Transportation in State of South Australia
- Nightlife in State of South Australia
- Restaurants in State of South Australia
- Shopping in State of South Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in State of South Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Runaway Bay
- Chaguaramas Hotels
- Cancún Hotels
- Westminster Hotels
- Cologne Hotels
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in State of South Australia
- 62 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to State of South Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of South Australia
Photos in State of South AustraliaSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
Top State of South Australia hotels
- Adelaide Hotels
- 979 Reviews - 2129 Photos
- Mount Gambier Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 335 Photos
- Kangaroo Island Hotels
- 243 Reviews - 674 Photos
- Glenelg Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 168 Photos
- Coober Pedy Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 93 Photos
- Robe Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 130 Photos
- Whyalla Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 43 Photos
- Port Pirie Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Port Augusta Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 94 Photos
- McLaren Vale Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 52 Photos
- Lobethal Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Kapunda Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Happy Valley Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Ceduna Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Port Lincoln Hotels
- 69 Reviews - 207 Photos