"The great outdoors" Top 5 Page for this destination State of South Australia by kyoub

State of South Australia Travel Guide: 3,151 reviews and 7,971 photos

Down the road

Field after field of beautiful wildflowers are stunning in the springtime.
We drove from Melbourne to Cape Jervis, all around Kangaroo Island, then from Cape Jervis back to Melbourne.

• Pros:Much to see
  • Cons:Many miles of highway
  • In a nutshell:Nature wonderland
  • Last visit to State of South Australia: Nov 2000
  • Intro Updated Feb 9, 2005

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2007 at 8:00 AM

I have a willy wagtail building a nest in my garden - such cute birds, and very territorial. Looks like you had a good time in SA. leyle

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 11:46 AM

Wildflowers, huge open space, birds and white kangaroos make me want to go there. What about their wine, I like so much - did you visit any winery there?

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 9:10 AM

Did you make it down to Phillips Island to see the penguins? Australia is a great place with so many different places and topography. Safe travels from travelling Canadians!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 6:10 AM

Your cabin by the water looks idyllic--I'd love to see an Ibis. I didn't realize aborigines eat kangaroo until I watched a film on Australia yesterday on the travel channel!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 7:37 AM

Rental cars, coastal and island driving, a glass of wine beside the bird list and romantic cottages! This sounds like my kind of trip too! An excellent page! Those Willy Wagtails are common in southern Africa too.

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2005 at 5:13 PM

Love your bird pix, I like to watch the birds too. Lesley

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2005 at 1:06 AM

the wildflowers in your photo are Salvation Jane..Its a real pest here and if horses eat enough of it, they will die

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2005 at 4:03 PM

Poltalloch Station looks a nice place to stay, I have not seen white kangaroos before either. Impressive lobster! lol

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2005 at 5:37 AM

I love the white Kangaroos, my first time of seeing them. Great tips.

• grets's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 2:58 PM

I've never heard of white kangaroos before. What with willy wagtails - are you sure these are real? hehehe Great page.

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in State of South Australia

Have you been to State of South Australia?

Latest Activity in State of South Australia