"Cajun Country" Avery Island by kyoub
Avery Island Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 55 photos
Avery Island is not an island at all but the largest of Louisiana's five major salt domes.
The island is bordered on three sides by marsh, and on the forth by cypress swamps thick with wildlife.
Here you will find the Tobasco factory, Jungle Gardens, and Bird City egret roockery.
- Pros:The wildlife
- Cons:Can get crowded at times
- In a nutshell:Great for a daytrip
The trees are full of birds on Avery Island. We were very lucky to see a Pileated Woodpecker when we visited. more travel advice
The Jungle Garden is full of flowerinfg scrubs, bushes, lagoons, fern gardens, and shrines. A 14 acre live oak grove... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Avery Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cajun Country"
- "Salt and Spice"
- "A Land Like No Other"
- "Home to Tabasco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Avery Island
- Shopping in Avery Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Avery Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avery Island
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Avery Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avery Island
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues