"Kona Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Kailua-Kona by kyoub
Kailua-Kona Travel Guide: 358 reviews and 813 photos
Kailua-Kona, Kailua Village, Kailua, and Kona are all names used to describe the same area
Tourists mostly just refer to it as Kona. It is located on the west side of the Big Island of Hawaii.
Kona is a resort area with many restaurants, historical places, and tourist-oriented gift shops. The weather is almost perfect if you like warm and sunny. The coolest month is February with an average of 82°F (28°C) while the average low is 67°F (19°C). August is the warmest month and the average high is 88°F (31°C) while the average low is 74°F (23°C). Humidity is generally between 50% and 80%.
Alii Drive is the main street, it hugs the seawall, there are many large old Banyan trees along it, three beach areas, and a pier.. This is a great area for snorkeling, watching for Sea turtles, Stingrays, Whales, and Spinner Dolphins.
Parasailing and swimming are popular sports here.
- Pros:Tourist stuff to do
- Cons:A lot of traffic
- In a nutshell:Fun for a few days
The shop is not important. The water is a must on a warm humid day. Hawaiian Springs bottled water is some of the best... more travel advice
The Noni fruit has been used for centuries as an herbal supplement. It helps build a strong immune system. The Noni... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Kailua-Kona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kona Coast Visit"
- "Where Pele lives"
- "A Fun Day in Kona"
- "Kona Coast"
- "Kona and Kau"
- "On the Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kailua-Kona
- Hotels in Kailua-Kona
- Transportation in Kailua-Kona
- Nightlife in Kailua-Kona
- Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
- Shopping in Kailua-Kona
- Warnings and Dangers in Kailua-Kona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kailua-Kona
- 11 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Kailua-Kona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kailua-Kona
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues