"The lush windward coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo by kyoub
Hilo Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 559 photos
Hilo is located on the east side of the Big Island. Those looking for a more laid-back vacation will appreciate the quiet, tropical landscape on this side of the island.
Of course, with the fertile landscape comes rain. However, most storms are brief or in the nighttime. Winter is the rainiest season so0 expect more rain from January to March.
The rain means beautiful waterfalls, tropical fruits, and abundant orchids growing wild.
The rain also tends to keep the number of tourists much lower than on the sunny west side.
Hilo has a small town feel to it even though it is almost as large as O'ahu..
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- Cons:Lack of sun
- In a nutshell:I could live here!
We arrived at Honolulu International Airport after an 8hr flight from Dallas/Fort Worth. After picking up our luggage at... more travel advice
This is not a well kept secret but the people that live in this area try to keep it that way. We know about it because... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Hilo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Business Center of the Big Island"
- "The lush windward coast"
- "Big Island - Big Sights"
- "Rainforest Trip"
- "Hilo and surroundings"
- "Hilo - the rainiest city in the United States?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hilo
- Hotels in Hilo
- Transportation in Hilo
- Nightlife in Hilo
- Restaurants in Hilo
- Shopping in Hilo
- Warnings and Dangers in Hilo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hilo
- 25 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Hilo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hilo
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues