"The white sands" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint George Island by kyoub
Saint George Island Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 87 photos
We had made arrangements to meet my parents in Florida for Christmas.
Where could we go that was not crawling with tourists? After some research we settled on St George Island. We arrived on St George Island late in the evening, the drive from Texas took us much longer than we had planned.
It was a little cool and breezy but after all it was winter time.
There were hardly any tourists there.
St. George Island is one of the barrier islands off the Gulf coast. With its nearly 10 miles of undeveloped beaches and gently rolling dunes, the place to be any time of the year, is St George Island State Park
You can see beachcombers, sun worshippers, and birdwatchers out walking. You will be very impressed with the size of the beaches, St George Island has the most beautiful and carefully preserved beaches in the world.
- Pros:Great beaches
- In a nutshell:I wonderful place to visit
Apalachicola has one of the oldest and largest marine events, the Florida Seafood Festival. It is held the first... more travel advice
The speed limit in the park is 25 mph. Slow down and enjoy the scenery. No vehicles are allowed on the sand dunes. more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Saint George Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The white sands"
- "St. George Island, Florida"
- "saint george island"
- "Oyster eating place"
- "Toppled Lighthouse"
- "St. George Island"
- "day at the beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint George Island
- Hotels in Saint George Island
- Transportation in Saint George Island
- Nightlife in Saint George Island
- Restaurants in Saint George Island
- Shopping in Saint George Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint George Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint George Island
- 14 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Saint George Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint George Island
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues