"Nature Lover's Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad and Tobago by kyoub
Trinidad and Tobago Travel Guide: 777 reviews and 1,375 photos
When Columbus discovered Tobago, he called it Bellaforma. The island has changed hands many times since then. The Dutch had it - the French claimed it - the Kings of Poland and Sweden wanted it - The British captured it - an American squadron tried to take it - ceded to France - recaptured by the British now, united with Trinidad...
Tobago is a delightfully relaxed island with excellent birdwatching and nature.This is a picture of a Copper-rumped Hummingbird. It was taken in the gardens at the Blue Waters Inn near Speyside.
These little birds are a common resident of Trinidad and Tobago.
In Tobago they are called "Bluebirds". The real name is Blue-grey Tanager.
A restless, noisy and excitable species, usually found in pairs.
They are not shy of humans and breed in gardens and near houses.
- Pros:Nature abounds
- Cons:Locals trying to sell you something
- In a nutshell:A birders dream come true
The Peacock Mill was built around a sugar cane mill that was established in 1767. There are usually at least 50 peacocks... more travel advice
Grafton Beach Resort Is located five miles from both the International airport and Scarborough. Surrounded by five acres... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Trinidad and Tobago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A little bit of paradise, Tobago"
- "Nature Lover's Paradise"
- "Tobago - Green, blue, red ... and relax !"
- "YA MOOON!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trinidad and Tobago
- Hotels in Trinidad and Tobago
- Transportation in Trinidad and Tobago
- Nightlife in Trinidad and Tobago
- Restaurants in Trinidad and Tobago
- Shopping in Trinidad and Tobago
- Warnings and Dangers in Trinidad and Tobago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trinidad and Tobago
- 112 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Trinidad and Tobago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trinidad and Tobago
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Costa Rica or Ecuador"
- Commented on one of roamer61's Trinidad and Tobago travel pages
- Wrote a Review The very best pumpkin soup in Trinidad and Tobago Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "The very best pumpkin soup"
- updated a Trinidad and Tobago Travel Page "Nature Lover's Paradise"
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues