"Arriving by ferry" Saint Paul Charlestown by kyoub
Saint Paul Charlestown Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 76 photos
Charlestown is the capitol of Nevis. If you are coming to the island by ferry, from St Kitts, you will dock here. It only has a population of 1,200 making it much quieter than most island capitols. It is well known for the houses built from volcanic stone.
In the eighteenth century there was a very popular spa located here. People flocked to this tiny island to soak in the hot mineral spring in the hopes of curing their ills.
The first U.S. Secretary of State, Alexander Hamilton, was born here in 1755.
An area in the center of Main Street honors those that served in both World Wars.
There are some elegant old estates a short distance from Charlestown.
Pinney's Beach begins at Charlestown and goes on for six miles north up the Caribbean coast.
There are several restaurants, beach bars, villas, and hotels along the way. The Four Seasons Resort is also located on this beach now. You will see beautiful views of St. Kitts, in front of you and in the back ground is Mount Nevis.
- Pros:Historical buildings
- In a nutshell:An interesting visit
I loved watching the little Bananaquits, better known on the islands as the sugar birds. They got their nickname because... more travel advice
There is plenty to do here to keep you entertained. You can swim, snorkel, or go diving. You can charter a boat or go... more travel advice
- See All Flights to Nevis
- Beware of the sun
- Staying green
- See All Stamps
kyoub's Related Pages
Saint Paul Charlestown Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Saint Paul Charlestown
- Hotels in Saint Paul Charlestown
- Transportation in Saint Paul Charlestown
- Restaurants in Saint Paul Charlestown
- Shopping in Saint Paul Charlestown
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Paul Charlestown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Paul Charlestown
- 25 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Saint Paul Charlestown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Paul Charlestown
Photos in Saint Paul CharlestownSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues