Panama Hotel Tips by kyoub Top 5 Page for this destination
Panama Hotels: 92 reviews and 104 photos
The Panamonte has been a home away from home for nature lovers since 1914.
It is a lovely hotel with very friendly service.
They offer Discover Boquete and birdwatchers packages.
The dining room is open to the public daily.
We did not stay here but we did eat in the dining room.
Only 20 minutes drive from the International airport and you are in the green mountains of the Charges National Park.
Casa De Campo has seven comfortable and well decorated rooms.
It is home to many rare birds.
There are trails and roads galore.
We were out on the road in front of the hotel, looking for birds, when I spotted a big ball of fur in a tree. Finally it moved and to my surprise it was a three-toed sloth. I was so excited. I went back and checked on it several times that day. It moved some but very slowly.
Unique Qualities: They have a nice pool with a jacuzzi, massage and mud baths.
The food is good. The owner grows her own organic vegetables and herbs.
Comparison: about average
Named for one of the most spectacular birds in Central America.
Los Quetzales Lodge has four cabanas tucked into the forest at 6,800 feet above sea level.
It is a very blumpy 20 minute ride by four wheel drive from Guadalupe.
When we arrived it was raining so hard we could hardly see out the windows of the van.
After we arrived we still had a nice little climb up to our cabana.
The cabanas are spacious, wood burning stove, hot water showers, but no electricity
There is a lady that will come in of an evening and cook you some fresh fish for dinner.
Unique Qualities: The birds will keep you entertained for hours.
Huge Violet Saberwings, Magnificent Hummingbirds, and White-throated Mountain gems are easily viewed at the feeders and flowers.
We also saw the beautiful Replendant Quetzal in the trees just a few feet away from our balcony. That is what we had came here hoping to see.
Address: Armistad National Park, Panama
Comparison: more expensive than average
There are three deluxe cottages. They are set back in beautiful grounds with orange groves and coffee bushes, many plants and birds.
They also have tenting sites with hot showers.
The cottages have a fully equipped kitchenette, living/dining room, bedroom with full and single beds, nice bathroom with hot water shower.
The Canadian owners are very friendly and helpful.
They will prepare a gourmet meal for you and delivery it to your cabin if you desire.
Unique Qualities: From our balcony we had a great view of the Volcan Baru and the valley of Boquete.
Tey have a large library with thousands of books.
Trails around the property for birdwatching.
Address: Boquete, Panama
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (17)
- Wood sculptures
- See All Candlelight dining
- See All Coffee tour
- See All A walkway along the sea
kyoub's Related Pages
Panama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridge of the Americas!"
- "A Mix of Cultures and History"
- "Panama a beautiful retreat... yet almost unknown"
- "Remote and Beautiful Places"
- "Exciting Panama"
- "Panama - the bridge between the Americas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Panama
- Hotels in Panama
- Transportation in Panama
- Nightlife in Panama
- Restaurants in Panama
- Shopping in Panama
- Warnings and Dangers in Panama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Panama
- 59 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Panama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Panama
Read real reviews about Panama Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues