"Nature travelers" Provincia de Cartago by kyoub
Provincia de Cartago Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 217 photos
We had decided we wanted to go to Costa Rica but didn’t know where to go.
A friend in our local Audubon Society suggested going to Rancho Naturalista.
He had been there and had only nice things to say about his stay.
The rest is history like they say.
The ranch owners are originally from the US so English is spoken as well as Spanish. That was a big plus for us.
The lodge sits on a hill with 125 acres surrounding it. There are well maintained trails, water falls, and tropical forest all just steps away from your room.
One afternoon we were sitting on a bench taking a short rest. My partner of several years looked over at me and said, "I think we should get married."
A few months later we did.
You will have many opportunities to see something for the very first time.
Perhaps you have never seen a hummingbird bathing. You can see that here.
Every evening we gathered along the banks of the hummingbird pools and waited. They came in one by one and splashed around in the shallow water.
- In a nutshell:Great birding
Rancho Naturalista has several horses available for you to ride. Make arrangements at the lodge and someone will help... more travel advice
The #1 thing to do, is go birding. There have been more than 350 species of birds identified within two miles of the... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Provincia de Cartago Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Provincia de Cartago
- Hotels in Provincia de Cartago
- Transportation in Provincia de Cartago
- Nightlife in Provincia de Cartago
- Restaurants in Provincia de Cartago
- Shopping in Provincia de Cartago
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Cartago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Cartago
- 21 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Provincia de Cartago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Cartago
Photos in Provincia de CartagoSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues