"From a birders point of view" Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica by kyoub
Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,963 reviews and 13,931 photos
Costa Rica is not an island in the Caribbean, it is in the center of Central America. It would take months to really explore it, yet with less than 20,000 square miles, it is one of the smallest countries in Latin America.
We walked among the rain forest giants, seen the green turtles nesting, got a ringside view of two of the more active volcanoes, ogled at the birds,and heard the howler monkey.
Costa Rica is a treasure house of flora and fauna unequaled in so small an area. There are 850 species of birds here.
Costa Rica is known around the world for its national park system, now protecting over 12 percent of the land.
We came as a couple that wanted to see some birds. We left as birders. We had caught the fever.
Costa Rica is a place to try things that you have never done before: go whitewater rafting,tramp along trails in a tropical forest, ford rivers with water to the hood of your car, take off on horseback to explore the countrside.
Expect the unexpected.
- Pros:Incredible natural beauty
- Cons:Diesel fumes
- In a nutshell:There is something different about Costa Rica
In Costa Rica, Salsa Lizano is used on just about everything! And once you've tried it, you just can't get enough... more travel advice
This small Central American country boasts of an amazing 850 species that can be found within its national boundaries.... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pura Vida!"
- "Costa Rica"
- "Costa Rica, a land of simple life and beauty"
- "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- "From a birders point of view"
- "Muy Bueno"
- "9 Days in Costa Rica"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Hotels in Costa Rica
- Transportation in Costa Rica
- Nightlife in Costa Rica
- Restaurants in Costa Rica
- Shopping in Costa Rica
- Warnings and Dangers in Costa Rica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Costa Rica
- 106 Reviews
- 162 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Costa Rica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Costa Rica
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues