"The road less traveled" Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina by kyoub
Argentina Travel Guide: 10,539 reviews and 25,066 photos
You might say we arrived in Argentina through the back door. We had hired a car and driver in Chile to drive us. First we toured the southern part of Chile and then we drove to Ushuaia.
Jaime, our driver, drove down a dirt road, unlocked several livestock gates, drove across deserted land, and forged the Rio Rasmussen.We at the border post called Radman. No one had needed their passport stamped for so long there that the officer couldn’t find when he had put the stamp.
After we left the immigration office, we drove all the way to Rio Grande on a road that felt like we were going over an old wash board. In Rio Grande we stopped for fuel and got some refreshments.
We had no sooner gotten on a nice paved road than the car started to sputter, we were out of gas. Seems we had gotten a rock through the gas line on that bumpy road. By that time it was pouring down rain and poor Hemi had to get out and repair the hole.
On our way again, we drove through the mountains and beautiful scenery. The rain was turning to sleet and then it was snow. It was dark by the time we got to Ushuaia.
- Pros:So much to offer
- Cons:Getting from place to place takes time
- In a nutshell:I hope to return someday
Take a little drive around Ushuaia and have a look at all the large homes that are being built there. Here in the US the... more travel advice
Most people plan ahead for an Antartic cruise but you can get some good deal here in Ushuaia if you are flexible.It is... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Argentina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Un gusto de la Argentina"
- "Endless Hope"
- "The road less traveled"
- "Argentina and its passions"
- "Argentina - Land of Passion"
- "A Crisis doesnt get the beauty away!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Argentina
- Hotels in Argentina
- Transportation in Argentina
- Nightlife in Argentina
- Restaurants in Argentina
- Shopping in Argentina
- Warnings and Dangers in Argentina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Argentina
- 84 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Argentina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Argentina
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues