"Valentine Trip" Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (Big Island) by kyoub

Hawaii (Big Island) Travel Guide: 1,934 reviews and 4,875 photos

Big Island

We thought that Hawaii sounded like a wonderful place to spend Valentine's.
We didn't want to go where it was crowded with tourists, so we chose go go to Hilo,on the Big Island.
We rented a house in Kapoho and drove all over the island for 10 days.
We fell in love with the place and was ready to pack up and move there.

• Pros:Great scenery, great food, great people
  • Cons:I always gain weight
  • In a nutshell:We love the Big Island
  • Last visit to Hawaii (Big Island): Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2004

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2009 at 5:12 AM

What a great spot to celebrate Valentine's day. Sounds like you two had a lovely time here.

• Aug 31, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Hilo Hattie's is great for some things, however their stock never changes. I know for a fact that they have the same type of items 10 years ago and will have the same things 10 years to come.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2008 at 6:39 PM

I like the idea of renting a house. In 2005, I did not know you as well; now, this means so much more. Tree statues, orchid sent home as a gift, Volcano Nat. Park, local tips..all outstanding. A joy to read your positive perspectives.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Loved the tree statues Kay - and what a good idea to send some orchirds home too

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 4:27 PM

great tips!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2007 at 9:04 PM

an interesting page and great pics ! Hawaii is on top of my travel-dreams and I think the submarine will be the first place to head to, that is certainly great fun !

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 7:08 AM

Great off the beaten path suggestions (Pahoe, lava trees and the South Point especially). This historical park of very crazy name (Pu'uhonua o Honaunau :-) looks absolutely fantasic... a must see... :-)

• Aug 14, 2006 at 7:58 PM

sounds like fun!!! what price is this?

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Great page! We were on the Big Island for our 25th anniversary in 2000. BUT, the Mauna Loa nut shop had pounds of free samples, it was great then!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 1:34 PM

Excellents tips and photos Kay! We are planning a May trip to the big Island. Will try your recommendation for a rental home - we always prefer them as well. Don't have to show our lilly white Alaskan skin in public!

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Hawaii (Big Island)

Have you been to Hawaii (Big Island)?

Latest Activity in Hawaii (Big Island)