"The Garden Island" Kauai by kyoub
Kauai Travel Guide: 965 reviews and 2,557 photos
Kauai is the oldest and the most northerly of the main chain of Hawaiian islands.
They got it right when they nicknamed it the Garden Island.
Its unrivaled tropical lushness has lured Hollywood here for several motion pictures.
Kauai consists of miles of beaches, rain forest, desert, mountains,and plains.
The first thing that you will notice as you leave the airport though is the green craggy mountains in the background.
Kauai has more miles of beach per coastline than any other island.
The north shore is where lushness takes on a whole new meaning.
Every shade of green and blue that you can think of exists here. You will see mountain valleys, rolling pastures, ancient toro fields, white-sand beaches one right after the other.
There are three wildlife refuges on the island.
Hanalei Valley wildlife Refuge provides a favorable habitat for endangered wildfowl.
Kilauea Point National Wldlife Refuge is a nesting ground for the red-tailed Tropicbird, white-tailed Tropicbird, Great Frigatebird, and the Albatross.
Kawaiele Sand Mine Bird Sanctary
is for water birds.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- Cons:Having to leave
- In a nutshell:A beautiful island
Stop at the Hanalei Valley Overlook and seeone of the classis vistas in Hawaii. The belongs to the Hanalei National... more travel advice
If you are looking for the Barking Sands Beach, you can't get there from here. The Pacific Missile Range Facility is... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Kauai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise on Earth!"
- "Kauai: Isle of Golden Dreams"
- "Our Dream Vacation"
- "HEAVEN ON EARTH"
- "Kauai: Unspoiled beauty"
- "Kauai in a word "Paradise""
- "Kauai - The Garden Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kauai
- Hotels in Kauai
- Transportation in Kauai
- Nightlife in Kauai
- Restaurants in Kauai
- Shopping in Kauai
- Warnings and Dangers in Kauai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kauai
- 20 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Kauai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kauai
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
Top Kauai hotels
- Lihue Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 38 Photos
- Kapaa Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Koloa Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Poipu Hotels
- 63 Reviews - 155 Photos
- Nawiliwili Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 29 Photos
- Hanalei Landing Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Kilauea Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Hanapepe Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Lawai Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Waimea Canyon State Park Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 21 Photos
- Anahola Hotels
- 1 Review
- Haena Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 38 Photos
- Hale Homaha Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Hanalei Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Kalaheo Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 8 Photos