"Success stories" Cousin by kyoub
Cousin Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 14 photos
Cousin Island became a nature reserve in 1968, when, with help from the World Wildlife Fund and Christopher Cadbury, it was bought in the name of the Royal Society for Nature as a haven for endangered species of land birds.
It was made a special reserve in 1975.
Cousin must be visited for its endemic landbirds
It is the last island where examples of several endemics can still be seen.
Cousin and Aride have the best consentration of seabirds in the Seychelles.
- Pros:Protection for wildlife
- In a nutshell:Small but mighty
We took the scenic route back to Praslin, passsing some beautiful beaches. more travel advice
Cousin is a good place to see the Aldabran giant land tortoises roaming free. One is named George and they claim that he... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Cousin Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cousin
- Transportation in Cousin
- Warnings and Dangers in Cousin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cousin
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Cousin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cousin
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues