"Eden?" Top 5 Page for this destination Praslin by kyoub

Praslin Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 199 photos

Praslin-the forgotten Eden

Praslin(pronounced Prah-lan) is the second largest island in the Seychelles and it can be reached from Mahe by ferry in 2 1/2 hrs or by plane in 15 minutes.
For some crazy reason we chose to take the ferry.
Praslin has glorious white sand beaches, and fantastic marine life. Praslin is best known for being the only place in the world where the coco de mer palm, grows wild.

Praslin for sightseeing

Many tourists base theirselves on Praslin and spend their whole vacation there. It is where the boats leave from going to La Digue, snorkeling, and diving tours.
There are many beautiful beaches here, the Vallee de Mai, and some very nice resorts.
We spent 2 nights here, went to LaDigue, and then stayed another night here on the way back.

Praslin for romance

There are many little coves where your footprints will be the only ones on the beach that you see. Have a litle picnic, go for and swim, relax, your in the Seychelles, a thousand miles away from anything else.

• Pros:A great place to visit
  • Cons:Pricey
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful beaches and off islands
  • Last visit to Praslin: Oct 1998
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2006

Travelogues (1)

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2008 at 3:29 PM

not really my sort of place - looks a bit second honeymoon territory

• PPlys's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 1:44 AM

We were married at Pralin in 2000. And we went to Anse Lazio. It is the absolute best beach we ever tried. Its up for at test in easter 2007 when we will go to Langkawi,MY ;)

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2007 at 3:11 AM

Nice page!I've been planning my trip to Seychelles for months now but still undecided whether to stay in Mahè or Praslin.They both look gorgeous!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 7:11 AM

I really enjoyed your scenic shots taken on and around Praslin! That Fody is quite an impressive bird, a nice diversion while relaxing with a drink! The island does sound a bit expensive, but you have the memories forever.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Wondergul beaches. I'd like to see a primaveal rain forest and the Madagascar Fody male at work :-) Hmm... expensive gas, even for an European :-(

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2006 at 6:52 AM

I think I could easily enjoy life on an island--especially if it was as beautiful as Praslin!

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2006 at 7:44 AM

Wonderful! I think my mind is made up! Nigel

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 9:37 AM

Great beaches.. and tips.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 3:56 PM

The Vallee De Mai looks like a cool place to explore. Too bad you didn't see that rare Parrot. Yikes!!! $7.00 per gallon for gas. Can you imagine what it is now with all the gas hikes!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 8:01 PM

Another "class act", Kay. You always discover lovely environments where nature rules supreme.

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Praslin

Have you been to Praslin?

Latest Activity in Praslin