"Warm greetings" Top 5 Page for this destination Nadi by kyoub
Nadi Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 296 photos
As I stepped off the plane, into the warm night air, in Nandi,Fiji, I could feel my heart pounding with the excitement of being there. Soon we were greeted my the native people with their big smiles and Bula greeting, I thought we had landed in paradise.
Nandi is where the International Airport is located. We planned to stay for just a couple of night before going out to an island in the Yasawa's.
All plans are made to be broken, especially when you arrive on a tropical island during cyclone season.
The dry season in Fiji is from May to October. This is a good time to go becacuse of the low amount of rainfall and cooler temperatures.
Of course, the end of the year is very busy with it being the holiday season. If you live where the winters are cold and you are ready to get away to some warm place for a week or so, February and March seem like a good idea. During those months there are discounts on accommodations and the island is less crowded. There is a risk of tropical cyclones at that time. I mentioned that to my husband and his reply was " What's the chances?"
Our fist day in Fiji , we picked up a newspaper. The headlines were CYCLONE GAVIN headed for Viti Levu.
We still were in denial and thought it could turn before reaching Nandi.
Our second morning there we were told that we were being moved into town, away from the bay, just in case.
The following letter was given to us at the hotel when we arrived!
Like they say the rest is history.
- Pros:Warm friendly greetings
- Cons:Cyclone season
- In a nutshell:Any port in a storm
You will see many men in Fiji wearing sulas ( skirts below the knees). Most Indian women cover up in long saris. Fijian... more travel advice
You will see sugar cane growing all around Fiji. The hot,dry climate is well suited for growing it here. You will also... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Nadi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Port Denarau is the port of Nadi"
- "Warm greetings"
- "Dinner with a local family"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nadi
- Hotels in Nadi
- Transportation in Nadi
- Nightlife in Nadi
- Restaurants in Nadi
- Shopping in Nadi
- Warnings and Dangers in Nadi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nadi
- 10 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Nadi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nadi
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues