"Natural beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island by kyoub

Kangaroo Island Travel Guide: 246 reviews and 692 photos

Nature

Kangaroo Island is an area of outstanding natural beauty.
It still possesses a richness and diversity of flora and flauna seldom found in other parts of South Australia.
We also saw seals, wallabies, kangaroos, penguins, sea lions, and sheep.
We went to see caves, remarkable rocks, beaches, a lighthouse, a national park, and miles and miles of roads.

Wallabies after dusk

Every evening around dusk we had Wallabies on the roads and lawns around our house. They were so cute but we hated to drive the car at night for fear of hitting one.
There is a lot of road kill on the highways here for that reason.

Birds

Over 250 species of birds have been observed on the island.

This is one of my favorite birds that we saw on Kangaroo Island. .It looks like it is dressed for a Halloween Party

• Pros:Miles of driving
  • Cons:Dusty roads
  • In a nutshell:Nature's Island
  • Last visit to Kangaroo Island: Nov 2000
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2005

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2011 at 5:45 AM

Little blue penguins, marron, honey and sheep cheese - 4 of my favourite things. The orange flowers are pincushion proteas, the purple ones are echiuma - aka Pride of Madeira. Terrific bee plants -I have them in my garden.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2010 at 8:13 PM

What a wonderful time you had on Kangaroo Island! Nice to read that you took home some unique Aussie gifts, that were useable.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 4:39 AM

looks to be quite a stunning place...miseed it when i was in oz

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Kangaroo Island seems perfect for you, Kay. The blue penquins are adorable. Terrific travelogues. Outstanding photographs to accompany this highly interesting information about such a beautiful place.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2007 at 8:11 PM

I've heard so much about Kangaroo island from my pen friend and wanted to visit it while I was in Australia, but couldn't fit it into my schedule - I should have. Great page with lots of information!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Australian Sea lions, granite boulders, the lighthouse and New Zealand seals look fantastic!

• rob-craig's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 2:26 PM

Superb and informative page Kay,those rock formations are just amazing

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 2:45 AM

I LOVE the Rosella, the red color is so intense! Thanks for sharing your birding experiences here.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 3:13 PM

Good page with interesting obserations = a very enjoyable read!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2006 at 5:18 PM

Thanks for the rating my Kangaroo Island page. You can see a lot of pelicans in south Texas but no Kangaroos.

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Kangaroo Island

Have you been to Kangaroo Island?

Latest Activity in Kangaroo Island