"Cockatoos and Majestic Gums" Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool by kyoub
Warrnambool Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 138 photos
After an all day drive along the coast from Melbourne, we finally arrived in Warrnambool around dusk.
It was originally named"Warnimble", an Aboriginal word meaning plenty of water.
That it has, It sits on the Lady Bay between the Hopkins and Merri rivers. Despite its size it still feels like a relaxing seaside village.
Many of the main streets are lined with Norfolk pine and New Zealand Xmas trees.
We fell in love with the town right away. To bad we only had two nights to spend here.
- Pros:It has the feel of a small village
- Cons:You want to stay longer
- In a nutshell:It is a great town
This is a picture of Irene's cat Shenna along with her friends on the balcony. more travel advice
We had many parrots that came to the feeders in the garden at Manor Gums. more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Warrnambool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Warrnambool on the Great Ocean Road (ver. ENG/FR)"
- "Where the Whales Play"
- "Cockatoos and Majestic Gums"
- "Warrnambool - a town for the future"
- "Warrnambool, Wind, Sand, Sea, Surf"
- "Welcome to Warrnambool - Largest City on GOR"
- "Largest city on the Great Ocean Road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warrnambool
- Hotels in Warrnambool
- Transportation in Warrnambool
- Nightlife in Warrnambool
- Restaurants in Warrnambool
- Shopping in Warrnambool
- Warnings and Dangers in Warrnambool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warrnambool
- 13 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Warrnambool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warrnambool
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues