"A bounty of natural beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire by kyoub
Bonaire Travel Guide: 282 reviews and 643 photos
This boomerang shaped, coral island has three distint areas: a hilly greener north end, a flatter middle with the appearance of the American southwest, and a flat southern end with salt pans, sand dunes, and mangrove swamps
The island has three nature sanctuaries.....one for birds and wildlife, another for flamingos, and the third for marine life.
All this on an island just 24 miles long and 5 miles wide.
Bonaire is one of the few remaining nesting places in the world for the pink flamingo. Man has driven these shy birds almost to extinction.
- Pros:Very interesting
- In a nutshell:Nature lovers island
There are two supermarkets in or near Kralendijk where you can buy items for your condo or bungalow. You can buy things... more travel advice
The divi-divi tree grows pods which contain large amounts of tannin. Until the 1950's, this tannin was exported to... more travel advice
- See All Watch out for the cacti
- See All Birdwatching
- See All Watering hole for the birds
- See All Scenic drive along the coast
kyoub's Related Pages
Bonaire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A bounty of natural beauty"
- "Bonaire Sights - Mostly Above Water"
- "Divers' Paradise: Bonaire"
- "Bon Bini!"
- "Divers' Paradise"
- "Natural Island Paradise"
- "Bonaire-snorkeling and scuba heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bonaire
- Hotels in Bonaire
- Transportation in Bonaire
- Nightlife in Bonaire
- Restaurants in Bonaire
- Shopping in Bonaire
- Warnings and Dangers in Bonaire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bonaire
- 50 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Bonaire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonaire
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues