"The many faces of Curacao" Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao by kyoub
Curaçao Travel Guide: 383 reviews and 858 photos
Quiet seas wash Curacao's western leeward coast; wild surf crashes against the windward north.
There are many beautiful sandy beaches. Some lagoons are used for commerce, some for sports. Completely surrounding the island are reefs where a world of coral and fish is being discovered by divers.
Curacao is dominated by mesquite, century plants, and groves of gigantic cactus.
You will also see turks-cap cactus which grows close to the ground and has long thorns.
Protecting some of the beaches is also the Acacia tree with its pretty yellow flowers and sharp branches.
The dry desert terrain supports the national tree, the divi - divi. Its braches blown laterally by the wind.
Willemstad is a pretty architectural gem. The harbor is lined with brightly painted colonial houses. Here you can learn about Curacao's history in all the museums, shop until you drop, try your luck in the casinos, eat at some of the many international restaurants. Don't miss sunset here on the water, what ever you do.
- Pros:You never get bored
- In a nutshell:A lovely island
The sea aquarium was definitly a hit with the little one in our group. We could have spent the whole day watching the... more travel advice
The water was so clear that we could see many kinds of fish every time we went snorkeling. This was so fun! more travel advice
- See All Fresh fish
- See All Romantic setting
- See All Short flight
- See All Very good information
- See All Restored Cathedral
kyoub's Related Pages
Curaçao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The many faces of Curacao"
- "Curacao - Old World Charm and Crystal Clear Water"
- "COLORFUL CURACAO !!"
- "A solo holiday to Curacao on a budget"
- "Fun, Sun & Relaxation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Curaçao
- Hotels in Curaçao
- Transportation in Curaçao
- Nightlife in Curaçao
- Restaurants in Curaçao
- Shopping in Curaçao
- Warnings and Dangers in Curaçao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Curaçao
- 45 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Curaçao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Curaçao
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues