"Statia" Sint Eustatius by kyoub
Sint Eustatius Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 37 photos
St. Eustatius is located 33 miles south west of the coast of Saint Maarten N.A. You travel to Saint Eustatius by arriving first on Saint Maarten N.A. and then take a connecting flight with WINAIR to Statia, which takes approximately 18 minutes.
The leeward side has limestone cliffs and some beach between the hills that fall to the sea.
From the south part of the island you can see the neighboring island of St Kitts. It looks so very close but you have to fly back to St Maarten, and
then change planes to get there.
If your plane comes in on the windfward side of the island you will get a view of the Quill in one direction, Zeelandia Bay on the other.
The runway is in the forground of the picture.
- Pros:The other Carribbean
- Cons:It doesn't take long to see it all
- In a nutshell:A quiet getaway
There are several very pretty birds on Statia. A local practise is to put out cane sugar in little cups for them to feed... more travel advice
Bring everything that you will need but keep it light. Statia is very casual so you won't need any fancy clothes. Do... more travel advice
- See All Take a taxi into town
- See All A much shorter name
- Favorite spot
- See All Great seafood
kyoub's Related Pages
Sint Eustatius Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sint Eustatius
- Hotels in Sint Eustatius
- Transportation in Sint Eustatius
- Warnings and Dangers in Sint Eustatius
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sint Eustatius
- 29 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Sint Eustatius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sint Eustatius
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues