"Bird of Paradise Island" Little Tobago by kyoub
Little Tobago Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 11 photos
Little Tobago is often referred to as Bird of Paradise island. In 1909, Sir William Ingram imported 50 greater birds of paradise, from an island off New Guinea, to Little Tobage. Hurricanes and storms eventually devastated their habitat and none of the birds have been seen there in over a decade.
The island still remains an important sea bird sanctuary. You may see Red-billed tropicbrds, red-footed and brown-footed boobies, brown noddies, sooty terns, and other species when you visit there.
Little Tobago is 1,6km offshore from Speyside. You will find several trails on the 1.5 km wide island but nothing to eat or drink.
Your boat will be anchored near the pier and you will wade onto the shore so go prepared to get wet.
There is a building located there where you can drop off your gear.
You can walk the trails or go snorkeling after you arrive on Little Tobago,
little else to do there.
- Pros:A great place to see birds
- In a nutshell:A must see if you are a birder
St.Giles is located 1 km off the northeast coast of Tobago. It is 72 acres of cacti, bushes, and trees. It is also... more travel advice
Off the south and west of Little Tobago their is a powerfulsurf and surge. They are only for advanced divers who have... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Little Tobago Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Little Tobago
- Transportation in Little Tobago
- Warnings and Dangers in Little Tobago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Little Tobago
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Little Tobago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Little Tobago
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues