"Touring Trinidad" Valsayn by kyoub
Valsayn Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 21 photos
The thing that is etched in my memory of Trinidad is the evening that we spent in a boat at the Coroni Swamp.
Sitting there as it turned from dusk to nightfall and looking back toward the city and thinking how beautiful it was with the mountain range in the background.
The Coroni Swamp is where you can see Trinidad and Tobago's national bird, the scarlet ibis.
The beauty of this red bird flying in to roost in the mangroves, at twilight is just amazing.
At first there are only a few and then more start to arrive. Soon hundreds of them stand out like beautiful red flowers against a dark green background.
- Pros:Very good place for birding
- Cons:Hussle and bustle
- In a nutshell:I would go back again
BWIA flies from Miami to Port of Spain International Airport. After a 1 hr stop it will also take you on to Tobago. more travel advice
Lightweight cotton clothing is the most comfortable thing to wear. June to August are the wettest months so if you are... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Valsayn Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Valsayn
- Hotels in Valsayn
- Transportation in Valsayn
- Restaurants in Valsayn
- Warnings and Dangers in Valsayn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valsayn
- 18 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Valsayn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valsayn
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues