"Newcastle" Newcastle by kyoub
Newcastle Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 34 photos
Nevis is separated from it’s sister island, St Kitts, by a two-mile channel.
From a distance Nevis appears to be a single dark green mountain rising from the sea.
The island is circular in shape and in the center is a volcanic peak that rises 3,232 feet.
Nevis is an island of unspoiled beauty with miles of white sand beaches lined with palm trees.
This now quiet island was the social hub of the Caribbean in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Nevis still attracts visitors to its small resorts, most have been
converted from former estates.
The main reason that I wanted to go to Nevis was to see the birds. There are sixty species that call this island home.
I also wanted to see the monkeys that roam free .
When we flew into the Newcastle Airport we were just a short distance from the Nisbet Plantation where we would be staying for a few days. It was dusk before we arrived so we were invited to the great house for dinner. As we walked from our cottage to the dining room, we could hear the tree frogs chirping.
- Pros:White sand beaches
- Cons:Rough water
- In a nutshell:A lovely resort
There are several ways to get to Nevis from St.Kitts. Our hotel helped us make arrangements to fly in on a chartered... more travel advice
It may not seen like it is really that hot when you have a nice breeze coming in off the ocean. Beware you can get a... more travel advice
- Horseback riding
- Remember to put on the sunscreen
- Save manpower
- See All Nice ambiance
kyoub's Related Pages
Newcastle Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Newcastle
- Hotels in Newcastle
- Transportation in Newcastle
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Shopping in Newcastle
- Warnings and Dangers in Newcastle
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Newcastle
- 18 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Newcastle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newcastle
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
Latest Newcastle hotel reviews
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
- 523 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013