"Week-end treat" Aguas Zarcas by kyoub

Aguas Zarcas Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 7 photos

Hot springs

Agus Zarcas is in the northern zone but only a 45 minute drive from San Jose. Thus it is a popular gathering place, on week-ends, for San Jose's elite. There are two luxury hotels built beside the river with its hot springs that are thought to have healing properties.
There are scenic walks along the ravine where wildlife and birds can be seen.

• Pros:Close to San Jose
  • In a nutshell:A great place to relax
  • Last visit to Aguas Zarcas: Mar 1996
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2006

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Occidental El Toucano Hotel and Spa does indeed look like a great find! My wife and I tried to take a tour of Arenal Volcano, but the rain and clouds closed in before we could reach it. Nice tips here - we would love another go at Costa Rica.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2008 at 2:44 PM

i'm getting quite taken by costa rica after your varoius tips about the place

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2008 at 8:17 AM

What a lovely spot! The hotel looks great, but a shame about the food in the cafe.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Hi I enjoyed your pages on Costa Rica . We did our second trip there earlier this year . Great place and as a bird lover its really paradise!!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2007 at 6:08 AM

Never order Italian food other than in Italy, Boston, Providence, or NYC. This is the thing...like ordering sea food in Utah. Just doesn't work. :-) hee hee Otherwise a gorgeous place for a weekend retreat...luxury, spa, waterfalls..sunshine...ahhhhh!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Costa Rica's most active volcano looks interesting. Could I climb it?

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 5:03 PM

Wow--sign me up for the Occidental Hotel and Spa...just the idea of that type of luxury grabs my attention!

• grets's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2006 at 6:40 AM

I just saw on the Home Page that you had added these tips - looks good! :-)

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Aguas Zarcas

Have you been to Aguas Zarcas?

Latest Activity in Aguas Zarcas