"Gulf of Nicoya" Top 5 Page for this destination Puntarenas by kyoub
Puntarenas Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 78 photos
For us and many others, Puntarenas, is a place to pass through; just some place to go so that you can get somewhere else.
For us it was a place we had to stop so we could get on the ferry to cross
the Gulf of Nicoya.
We drove there from San Jose and arrived to late in the day to catch the last car ferry. That left us with no alternative other than to get a room and spend the night.
Puntarenas is built on a narrow piece of land with an ectuary on one side and the Gulf of Nicoya on the other so it is a nice place to look at the ships anchored off shore, walk along the oceanfront, or see a beautiful sunset.
The economy of Puntarenas is based on fishing so you see many fishing boats.
Among the most popular tours in the country are those that leave from here and take you on a cruise around the islands in the Gulf of Nicoya, aboard a yacht
- Pros:Pretty ectuary
- Cons:Very humid
- In a nutshell:A nice little place to spend the night
A few hundred meters off the coast of Bahia Gigante, is Isla Gitana. They will come and pick you up at the pier. It is a... more travel advice
We leased a car at the airport and drove all around the country side. The roads are full of potholes so it may take... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Puntarenas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gulf of Nicoya"
- "Oficial Internet Comercial Site of Puntarenas"
- "only a stop over..."
- "Ferry Port City of Puntarenas"
- "Potential To Be A World Class Resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puntarenas
- Hotels in Puntarenas
- Transportation in Puntarenas
- Nightlife in Puntarenas
- Restaurants in Puntarenas
- Warnings and Dangers in Puntarenas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puntarenas
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Puntarenas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puntarenas
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues