"Birdwatching near the river" Tárcoles by kyoub
Tárcoles Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 37 photos
The Tarcoles river is 40 miles west of San Jose. The Tarcol Lodge is located near the river.
The Carara Biological Reserve is nearby.
Really the only reason to be in this part of Costa Rica, as far as I could tell, was to be there looking for birds.
With the reserve, ocean, river, and mangroves birds love it here.
- Pros:One of the few places where McCaws can be seen in the wild
- Cons:The beach has a lot of litter
- In a nutshell:A wonderful place for birding
You can take a boat tour on the river to see the mangroves and more crocodiles. The guide may get out of the boat and... more travel advice
The river is full of crocodiles so don't decide to go for a swim. more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Tárcoles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birdwatching near the river"
- "Crocodiles and scarlet macaws"
- "Crocodile Bridge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tárcoles
- Hotels in Tárcoles
- Transportation in Tárcoles
- Restaurants in Tárcoles
- Warnings and Dangers in Tárcoles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tárcoles
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Tárcoles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tárcoles
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues