"A real Gem" Top 5 Page for this destination Ambergris Cay by kyoub
Ambergris Cay Travel Guide: 225 reviews and 401 photos
Ambergris Caye is northeast of Belize City, the country’s largest island. It is twenty-eight miles long, a short twenty minute plane ride or one-hour boat ride away. Most residents are of Spanish descent but they are bilingual so they can speak with you in Spanish or English.
We had all met at the airport in Dallas for our direct two hour flight to Belize City. After going through customs at Philip Goldson Internationl airport , we got on a small plane and flew to the island. The views from the plane were terrific.
Our plane landed at the small airport just outside the village of San Pedro. A sleepy town of sand streets and shallow blue water,
located in the south end of the island. It is where most of the activity is found.
Tourism is the biggest business on the island. We happened to be there in off season which made it a lot less crowded. Of course we did have to tolerate a bit of rain but we didn't mind, we were on vacation!
About four miles southeast of town is the Hol Chan Marine Reserve. It is a five square mile underwater park. You can hire boats that will take you there in a glass-bottom boat.
- Pros:Very laid back
- In a nutshell:I great place for a family vacation
There is no beach really but Coral Bay Villas has it's own private white sand beach in front of the condos. The little... more travel advice
The island is very casual and if you go in the rainy season you will get wet. Shorts and cotton tops/t-shirts are... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Ambergris Cay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Relaxing Ambergris Cay Getaway"
- "A Short Stay on Ambergris Cay"
- "A real Gem"
- "Beautiful Belize"
- "San Pedro, Caye Ambergris"
- "Ambergris Caye"
- "Lively but still Belize"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ambergris Cay
- Hotels in Ambergris Cay
- Transportation in Ambergris Cay
- Nightlife in Ambergris Cay
- Restaurants in Ambergris Cay
- Shopping in Ambergris Cay
- Warnings and Dangers in Ambergris Cay
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kuala Terengganu
- Glacier National Park Hotels
- Magnetic Island
- Freeport City
- Raleigh Hotels
- Rosseau Lake Hotels
- Watergrasshill Hotels
- Greater Accra Region
- New Zealand
- Zell am See
- Hacklebarney State Park Hotels
- Pensacola Beach
- Alexander Springs Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ambergris Cay
- 19 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Ambergris Cay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ambergris Cay
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues