"Beaches of Rocha" La Paloma by kyoub
La Paloma Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 29 photos
The eastern coastal province of Uruguay, is Rocha. It has 112 miles of beautiful white-sand beaches and interesting coastal towns rich in history. La Paloma is the largest of these villages. It is located about 78 miles east of Punta del Este. It got its name from
the fisherman who thought they could visualize the silhouette of a pigeon on its shores.
La Paloma is is located on Cape Santa Maria, thus the name of the lighthouse. It was erected in 1874 and named Cabo Santa Maria.
It was made a historic monument in 1976.
You can climb up to the tower when it is open on week-ends and holidays.
- Pros:Beautiful beach town
- In a nutshell:Glad we avoided the summer crowd
We added a new bird to our life list here. It was a beautiful white bird with black stripe on its wings and a black band... more travel advice
It doesn't seem to matter how you get around. A remarkable number of old cars grace the roads in Uruguay, along with... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
La Paloma Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in La Paloma
- 12 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to La Paloma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Paloma
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues