"Tierre del Fuego" Top 5 Page for this destination Ushuaia by kyoub

Ushuaia Travel Guide: 414 reviews and 1,144 photos

Argentina

Ushuaia, which overlooks the emerald waters of the Beagle Channel, still claims to be the southernmost city in the world.
It is the island's largest settlement.
Ushuaia is a good base from where to explore surrounding places but there is also plenty to see in town.
The snow capped mountains are in view almost everywhere you look. They are not that high but they give the appearance of being so.

End of the world

Coming in on a boat you can see written on the pier, these words:
Ushuaia, the end of the world, beginning of everything.

Breath taking View

My mind keeps reminding me of this wonderful view of Ushuaia and I long to return there. It was just starting to be springtime in South America when we arrived in Ushuaia. It was still cool at night but the days were pleasant although I think there was always a nippy breeze. When we went out on the tour boats we really noticed it.

• Pros:A great place to observe nature
  • Cons:Changeable weather
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful scenery
  • Last visit to Ushuaia: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 10, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I can understand why you want to return, it looks a fabulous area for scenery and wildlife. Lovely!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2011 at 8:06 AM

What fantastic landscapes and views. Such lovely surroundings. Excellent page Kay!

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2009 at 8:11 AM

What a world traveller from Sabah to Ushuaia! I read ur tips before I went to Sandakan 2 months ago! Now thinking to visit Antarctic and saw ur page here again! From rainforest to polar!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Even when I reread and review your tips, I'm learning. Your husband actually ate cow tongue? Ugh! Lovely place you stayed. Your restaurant & hotel tips are quite helpful, & your photographs are ever so lovely.

• johncudw's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 3:54 AM

Really nice views of Ushuaia - like the views of the mountains. Greetings from John and Gail in NJ

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 1:46 PM

You seem to have had time to see a lot more here than we managed. The 9 hour cruise sounds excellent, and I love your midnight sunset image :)

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 8:25 AM

I am planning a trip to Ushuaia in January. Your page was very helpful. I may have some questions later as I continue to research.

• GinaNY's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Your pictures of South America are so breathtaking. I looovee Argentina when I went there. I have to go back and discover the towns I didn't see. That country has so much to offer!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 4:57 AM

i'm a bit of a penquin nut myself..why can't we keep them as pets ?

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Fantastic pictures and descriptions Kay. I like the intro pic of the snow capped mountains. We're planning to visit Ushuaia in December. Can't wait for it!

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Ushuaia

Have you been to Ushuaia?

Latest Activity in Ushuaia