"An Amazing Island" Borneo by kyoub
Borneo Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 158 photos
When you think of Borneo your mind brings up visions of tribes of headhunters.The tribes are still there but they gave up the act of such serious revenge many years ago. Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei. Located southeast of the Malay Peninsula and southwest of the Philippines, Borneo is primarily mountainous, with dense areas of rain forest.
Sarawak is the largest state in Malaysia, it is a region of endless fascination, possessing the largest cave chamber in the world, verdant jungles, unique fauna and flora, white beaches, and remote islands.
We flew from Kuala Lumpur on Malaysia Airlines to Labuan. Took the ferry from Labuan to Brunei. In Brunei we got a car and driver to take us to Miri. We flew on Malaysia Air to Mulu then returned to Miri for one night. There we collected our luggage that we had to leave at the hotel. Then we flew Malaysia Air to Kuching.
Sabah is located on the northern tip of the island of Borneo. Sabah has a long coast line mostly on the South China Sea. Sabah is said to be the land beneath the wind because it is outside the hurricane belt. Most visitors come here to climb Mt. Kinabalu but we went there to see the Orangutan Sanctuary and the Proboscis Monkeys near the city of Sandakan. We saw all that and so much more.
- Pros:Rich in flora, fauna, and wildlife
- In a nutshell:See it now before its gone
Located near the seawall is a monument that was built to commemorate the billionth barrel of oil produced in Brunei.. It... more travel advice
Miri is the starting point for adventure so we decided to have a couple of relaxing days on the beach before we flew to... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Borneo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Amazing Island"
- "Borneo - 3rd largest island on earth"
- "Experience Sabah to the full"
- "Sabah Malaysia"
- "Balikpapan/Banjamasin - Borneo"
- "Wicked Borneo"
- "Borneo Adventure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borneo
- Hotels in Borneo
- Transportation in Borneo
- Nightlife in Borneo
- Restaurants in Borneo
- Shopping in Borneo
- Warnings and Dangers in Borneo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Borneo
- 26 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Borneo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borneo
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues