"A glimpse of India" Serangoon by kyoub
Serangoon Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 114 photos
Serangoon Road is a busy traffic thoroughfare, but here in Little India the operators of the shops are oblivous to the traffic. There are shops piled high with bolts of brightly colored fabric, saris of every description, and gold jewelry. The sidewalks are full of stalls with vendors selling magazines, sweets, sandals, and garlands of flowers. You forget that you are in Singapore.
This picture was taken when the Deepavali decorations were all up lining the street.
Serangoon Road, with its hustle and bustle, is much like I invision India to be. Every Indian product is for sale here. You can buy saris, colorful cloth, hand made jewelery( someday I am going to get brave enough to get a nose stud), dollywood magazines, electronics,sweets, flowers, and spices, to name a few.
There are also some excellent restaurants here where you can get north or south Indian food.
- Pros:Very interesting
- In a nutshell:The best food in Singapore
Take a day bag or backpack to carry all the things that you will want to buy. No matter what season you go, it will be... more travel advice
During the weeks before Deepavali there are many extra vendors lining the streets and markets, much like before... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Serangoon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where on Earth is Serangoon?"
- "A glimpse of India"
- "Serangoon - Vibrant Area in Singapore"
- "Joo Chiat and Kampong Melayu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serangoon
- Hotels in Serangoon
- Transportation in Serangoon
- Nightlife in Serangoon
- Restaurants in Serangoon
- Shopping in Serangoon
- Warnings and Dangers in Serangoon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serangoon
- 13 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Serangoon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serangoon
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues