"Khao Yai National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai by kyoub

Ban Khao Yai Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 293 photos

Wildlife tour

We wanted to go on a wildlife tour of the Khao Yai National Park.
The park is located about 2 hours north - east of Bangkok. We were staying at a hotel in Bangkok so we needed transport from there. We found a lodge listed online that offered to pick us up. We booked a 3 day 2 night package with them.

Buddhist Cave

They wasted no time getting us to the park. As soon as we had unpacked we were whisked of to see the Buddhist caves. We saw stalagmites, staligtights, and many buddha figurines.

Bat caves

Luck was not with us weatherwise because when we immerged from the cave it was poring down rain. We drove back to the lodge and got some rain gear because we were headed to the bat caves. It was to flooded to get near the caves but that didn't stop us from seeing millions of wrinkle-lipped bats fly out of the cave on their nightly journey looking for food.

• Pros:Interesting tours
  • Cons:Needed more time
  • In a nutshell:A great experience
  • Last visit to Ban Khao Yai: Feb 1999
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2008

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Interesting tours! Sounds like this was a very worthwhile excursion.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM

The Night safari, Wrinkle-lipped Bats, and Jungle Tour looks amazing Kay! That acient tree is awesome! Great page!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Nice page Kay & I did enjoy all the nature tips = somethings close to my heart - but not bats!!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2008 at 8:58 AM

It is good that you decided to 'rough it' a bit in the jungle lodge so you could experience its tropical surroundings up-close! Great tips on the tours. I recently read that bats eat far more insects than all the world's birds!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2008 at 11:27 AM

A four hour hike is quite ambitious--that's very impressive! Gibbons, bats and lizards...all interesting encounters. You and Khalil had quite an adventure!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2008 at 6:40 PM

What a great image you have produced by compare the flight of the Wrinkle-lipped bats to the sound of waves!! Another exotic, interesting, unique experience. I don't think I would enjoy the accommodations...clean is imperative. Wonderful stuff, Kay!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2008 at 2:28 PM

that looks like a really nice place for outdoor lovers.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2008 at 9:53 AM

great little place, i'm sure.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2008 at 4:35 AM

The night Safari sounds soooo cool. Many animals only come out at night, so it really is a great time to go out. Also thanks Kay for visiting my new Karlsruhe page. Hans and I had a great time there and in the Netherlands.

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Ban Khao Yai

Have you been to Ban Khao Yai?

Latest Activity in Ban Khao Yai