Krabi Local Custom Tips by kyoub Top 5 Page for this destination
Krabi Local Customs: 15 reviews and 14 photos
Because it was our anniversary, we had a bowl of local fruit and an orchid bouquet in our room when we arrived.
This was a very special touch and much appreciated.
I love the decorative food that is served on your plate or on a buffet.
A tomato that is carved to look like a bird,
butterflies made out of veggies.
I especially admired this watermelon that was made to look like a flower.
The true river transport in Thailand is the long-tail boat so called because the propeller is located at the end of a long drive shaft extending from the engine.
The motor can be anything from a small marine engine to a large car engine.
Lon-yail boats can travel at great speed.
You will see many of these lined up in Ao Nang ready to take you wherever you would like to go.
Most public toilets either have a lady sitting at the entrance to collect your coin before you are allowed inside or otherwise they just leave the box sitting on a table and hope you will put your coin in the box.
These are generally squat toilets with a bucket of water nearby for flushing.
More Reviews (21)
kyoub's Related Pages
Krabi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Krabi Vicinity"
- "I haven't been somewhere more Tropical than Krabi!"
- "Krabi Trip 2003: Fri 31st Oct - Mon 3rd Nov"
- "Krabi, Thailand."
- "Limestone Outcrop in Krabi"
- "KRABI...one step closer to paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krabi
- Hotels in Krabi
- Transportation in Krabi
- Nightlife in Krabi
- Restaurants in Krabi
- Shopping in Krabi
- Warnings and Dangers in Krabi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krabi
- 25 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Krabi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krabi
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
- 4 Island Tour- 11 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Elephant Trekking- 14 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Phi Phi Island- 13 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Railay Beach- 11 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Emerald Pool- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Wat Tahm Seua- 12 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Snorkeling- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Island Hopping- 7 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Chicken Island- 4 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Gastropod Fossil - Susan Hoi - Shell Cemetary- 9 Reviews, 22 Photos
See All Krabi Things to Do