Krabi Local Custom Tips by kyoub Top 5 Page for this destination
Krabi Local Customs: 16 reviews and 15 photos
Because it was our anniversary, we had a bowl of local fruit and an orchid bouquet in our room when we arrived.
This was a very special touch and much appreciated.
I love the decorative food that is served on your plate or on a buffet.
A tomato that is carved to look like a bird,
butterflies made out of veggies.
I especially admired this watermelon that was made to look like a flower.
The true river transport in Thailand is the long-tail boat so called because the propeller is located at the end of a long drive shaft extending from the engine.
The motor can be anything from a small marine engine to a large car engine.
Lon-yail boats can travel at great speed.
You will see many of these lined up in Ao Nang ready to take you wherever you would like to go.
Most public toilets either have a lady sitting at the entrance to collect your coin before you are allowed inside or otherwise they just leave the box sitting on a table and hope you will put your coin in the box.
These are generally squat toilets with a bucket of water nearby for flushing.
More Reviews (21)
kyoub's Related Pages
Krabi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Krabi - launch pad of the Andaman Islands"
- "Krabi Vicinity"
- "I haven't been somewhere more Tropical than Krabi!"
- "Krabi Trip 2003: Fri 31st Oct - Mon 3rd Nov"
- "Limestone Outcrop in Krabi"
- "KRABI...one step closer to paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krabi
- Hotels in Krabi
- Transportation in Krabi
- Nightlife in Krabi
- Restaurants in Krabi
- Shopping in Krabi
- Warnings and Dangers in Krabi
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hare Gilboa` Hotels
- Colonial National Historical Parkway Hotels
- Mark West Springs Hotels
- Unterjoch Hotels
Badges & Stats in Krabi
- 25 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Krabi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krabi
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Krabi hotel reviews
- Krabi Heritage
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Somkiet Buri Resort
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- The Krabi Sands Resort
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2012
- Pavilion Queen's Bay Krabi
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Ao Nang Sunset Hotel
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Krabi Aquamarine Resort & Spa
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- The Sea House Beach Resort
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Tubkaak Resort
- 579 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Maritime Park And Spa Resort
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Sabai Mansion
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Andamanee Boutique Resort And Spa Krabi
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 28, 2013
- Sand Sea Resort
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Ao Nang Sea Front Thai Resort
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- Tropical Herbal Spa & Resort
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 13, 2013
- 4 Island Tour- 10 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Tiger Cave Temple- 7 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Phi Phi Island- 12 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Island Hopping- 6 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Gastropod Fossil - Susan Hoi - Shell Cemetary- 9 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Elephant Trekking- 9 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Railay Beach- 11 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Elephant Ride- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Emerald Pool- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Chicken Island- 4 Reviews, 15 Photos
See All Krabi Things to Do