"Great seafood" Top 5 Page for this destination Prachuap Khiri Khan by kyoub

Prachuap Khiri Khan Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 74 photos

Monkey street

Close to 80km south of Hua Hin is the another beach town called Prachuap Khiri Khan.
There you will also find Khao Chong Krajok ( Mirror Tunnel Mountain) named after the hole through the side of the mountain that appears to reflect the sky.
At the top of the mountain is Wat Thammikaram. You can climb the 399 steps to the top and see nice views of the town and bay. Before you climb the steps you must buy some bananas from the ladies selling them, to feed the monkeys, or they won't let you pass.

• Pros:A pretty town
  • Cons:Tourist buses
  • In a nutshell:A great daytrip
  • Last visit to Prachuap Khiri Khan: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2005

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2012 at 6:35 AM

yes i love PKK and the monkeys were a problem they stole our scrabble board while we were playing by the beach. great seafood along the promenade

• planxty's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2010 at 6:42 AM

Hello Kay, yes the climb up the Monkey Mountain is a bit of a slog but well worth it. I loved Prachuap. fergy.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2008 at 10:29 AM

I see there's alot of 'monkey business' going on in Prachuap Khiri Khan...sorry, I couldn't resist! It seems they are quite welcome everywhere...

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 3:00 PM

i love to look at monkeys too. some say it reflects something of our own soul. i just sit and think 2how the hell did you evolve into me, dumbass".

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 5:47 AM

399 steps!!! Phew!! Entertaining little page Kay. I think it would be fun to ride around on a tuk tuk.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Haha, I can't stop laughing looking at your intro pic with monkeys - pedestrians. I have to see it!

• debtravers's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Nice page, can't wait to visit in April :))

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2006 at 12:36 PM

It is a very cute village and has nice beaches. We came through here in February. Good page here :-)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 4:51 PM

Monkey, monkeys everywhere! Stunning views from the top kay, worth the climb. Lovely page (~_~)

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 3:26 AM

Very nice page ! I miss Khao Chong Krajok. Your photos are beautiful .... thanks to share...

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Prachuap Khiri Khan

Have you been to Prachuap Khiri Khan?

Latest Activity in Prachuap Khiri Khan