"Walk on water" Pulau Gaya by kyoub
Pulau Gaya Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 21 photos
Pulau Gaya is the largest island out of the five in Gaya Bay.
It is a 20 minute ferry ride from Kota Kinabalu which is in Borneo.
The island has a large variety of marine life that you can see in the clear blue/green water.
The coral reefs surrounding the island offer much excitement.
There is a Marine Ecology Research Center on the island.
On the east coast of Pulau Gaya there is a resort with 44 over water bungalows, a restaurant, and water sports.
I have always wanted to stay in a bungalow like this but found most to be out of my price range. These were not.
We saw a small shark swimming by our balcony, a Southern Pied Hornbill land in the trees, a Moniitor Lizard coming out of the water, and monkeys drinking from a discarded box of juice.
This was all before we went to breakfast!
- Cons:Walk the planks
- In a nutshell:A great place to relax
You are not supposed to BYOB to the island but they don't search you. It gets mighty hot and humid so bring shorts and... more travel advice
The resort owners are serious about protecting the coral and marine life in this area. You can visit the Marine Ecology... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Pulau Gaya Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pulau Gaya
- Hotels in Pulau Gaya
- Transportation in Pulau Gaya
- Restaurants in Pulau Gaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Gaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Gaya
- 12 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Pulau Gaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Gaya
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues