"Selangor" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Selangor by kyoub

Kuala Selangor Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 170 photos

Road to Shah Alam

Our plane arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), the main entry point into Malaysia. This mammoth new airport is situated in Sepang, about a 45 minute drive from Shah Alam where we were staying. for a few days. The hotel had sent a driver in a Mercedes to pick us up.
We had a nice comfortable ride and the driver was very pleasant.

Kuala Selangor

After a couple of days rest we were ready to continue our journey.
We rented a car in Shah Alam, and drove to Kuala Selangor.
This is well of the beaten tourist track, most that go there are in search of birds. That is exactly why we are there also.
We rented a small cottage and planned to get some rest before going to the park the next day.
It was Chinese New Year and they set of fireworks all night long.
It was worth the trip though because we saw several birds, monkeys, and monitor lizards in the park.

Pretty Butterfly

I am sure that I have not been anywhere in the world that has prettier butterflies than I saw in Malaysia.
They are all so beautiful, you have to stop and stare.

• Pros:Not many tourists
  • Cons:Don't try to sleep during Chinese New Year
  • In a nutshell:In tune with nature
  • Last visit to Kuala Selangor: Feb 2000
  • Intro Updated Jul 21, 2004

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 3:34 AM

Lovely page as your usual. Haha, clever monkeys again! I wouldn't try to sleep during Chinese New Year :-)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 4:09 AM

What a lovely page on Kuala Selangor Kay. I especially liked the Blue Mosque and the Nature Park sounds wonderful.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2006 at 9:16 AM

What a wonderful experience with lovely places to stay, communing with nature, seeing the animals, and sharing it with someone you love. You have been to the most unique places!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2006 at 1:42 PM

I would have loved seeing all the different types of butterflies...and the cute monkey who was taught to be an efficient little guy!!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2006 at 2:23 PM

Such a long flight Kay = I would have been exhausted but you managed excellent info & good pictures = Loved the Blue Mosque

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 11:44 AM

Selengor is great, excellent pics.

• grets's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2004 at 7:17 AM

I love reading about these places I have never heard of before - it's like discovering a new destination. I love seeing the fireflies too - they are just so amazing!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 6:26 AM

Hi, you have great K. Selangor page. Nobody ever captured good fireflies pics cuz it suppose to be well kept secret. Hahaha!!!

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Kuala Selangor

Have you been to Kuala Selangor?

Latest Activity in Kuala Selangor