Uluwatu Things to Do Tips by kyoub Top 5 Page for this destination
Uluwatu Things to Do: 47 reviews and 78 photos
Bird and sea
Our guide said that sometimes you will see dolphins or turtles as you are walking up the steps along the sea. We didn't see either one but we did see tropic birds. We could have stood there for hours watching them gracefully flying about.
The unusual doorway has the shape of Menu, the cosmic mountain of Hinduism.
There is also a fanged demon with bulging eyes, to ward off evil spirits.The courtyard beyond is reserved for worshipers.
These steep stairs along the cliff go up to 200m as you climb up along the edge of the sea.
Ulu Watu Temple
The temple is perched on a cliff right at the waters edge and it looks like it could drop off into the sea. Ulu Watu is one of several temples on Bali that are important to the spirits of the sea. From several places you can see the temple as the surf crashes against the rocks below.
More Reviews (7)
kyoub's Related Pages
Uluwatu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There just something about Uluwatu!!"
- "Uluwatu - Cliffhanger Temple & Nasty Monkeys"
- "The southern part of Bali"
- "Uluwatu - Dreamland"
- "garden of the Gods in southern part ...."
- "Hanging Temple of Uluwatu"
- "Uluwatu - it's about Sunset"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uluwatu
- Hotels in Uluwatu
- Transportation in Uluwatu
- Nightlife in Uluwatu
- Restaurants in Uluwatu
- Shopping in Uluwatu
- Warnings and Dangers in Uluwatu
- See All...
Explore the World
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Laoag City
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- La Spezia
- Puerto Rico
Badges & Stats in Uluwatu
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Uluwatu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uluwatu
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues