"Amed" Top 5 Page for this destination Amed by kyoub

Amed Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 174 photos

East coast

From the airport it is around a three hour drive to the north- east of Bali.
I had read about a place there that sounded like just what I was looking for, somewhere to relax for our last few nights in Indonesia.
The hotel was actually in Selang but most people call that whole coast line Amed.
There are no large resorts along this coast it is just small fishing villages and a perfect place to get away from the crowds.
Spend your days snorkeling, diving, or just hanging out at the pool.

Blue Moon Villas

We were glad to finally see the Blue Moon Villas sitting up on a hillside, as we rounded yet another curve.

Colorful sails

I loved to watch the fishermen coming in with their fishing boats. Each one has a different color and design on their sail. I wonder if this is to help their family spot them sooner out on the water.

• Pros:Very quiet with friendly people
  • Cons:No internet
  • In a nutshell:The place I love
  • Last visit to Amed: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 3, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Like you, I think the fishermen boats are quite a sight. Don't like the beach though!
    I can see that you enjoyed yourself here.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Looks wonderful, Kay! I hope you get back here someday!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Yes I would choose 4 wheels to get up to the temple too. All seems fine at the BLUE MOON Resort all very tempting

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2007 at 12:49 PM

the page brought back many memories , although i will leave the 'blue crew' to you !

• yayiw's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Kay, we plan to spend this upcoming weekend in Amed. thanks for the tips and now my boyfriend's mad at me since I should've booked for more days instead of only for weekend. thanks!!

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2007 at 6:13 AM

a nice page about amed, kay. want to be there someday if i visit bali again! thanks for sharing :)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 3:07 PM

Beautiful Frangipani flowers, landscapes, countryside, beaches, mountains and colorful sails :-)Pura Lempuyang Luhur temple looks very interesting. I'd like to taste salak, mangosteen, durian, and rambutans!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Umm, the scent of frangipani and sun soaked showers...great restaurants and unique lodging--Amed looks like a very interesting destination....

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2006 at 7:59 AM

What great pages, Kay. Ah, paradise! My husband also loves to haggle and I,too, hate it hate it hate it!! Love the "Open Air" showers. Moon shot was marvelous as were all the photos.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 3:09 AM

Wow u have really beautifu photos.....Thanks for sharing "I will b back soon Have a goodweekend-Tim

kyoub

“I choose the path of kindness.”

Badges & Stats in Amed