"Mountain, lakes, and pines" Bedugul by kyoub
Bedugul Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 159 photos
When the heat and humidity finally start to grate, Bedugal is the perfect escape. Travelling higher into the mountains of central Bali,you will finally arrive at Bedugal
Tucked into the crater of an extinct volcano 1,400 meters above sea level, it is a highland retreat. Three lakes and lush pine forests seem to create a freshness in the air.
The cool mountain air made us hungry so our first stop was for lunch.
The restaurant windows gave us a great view of Gunung Batur and Lake Bratan.
After lunch we decided it would be a good time to take a walk. We drove up to the Botanical Gardens. Kebun Raya Eka Karya ( BaliBotanical Gardens) was established in 1959, these gardens cover over 120 hectares on the slopes of Gunung Pohon (Tree Mountain). The gardens contain a huge collection of trees, and are rich in birdlife. There were a few flowers, and a couple of buildings with orchids and cacti, nothing that interesting but we were there for the fresh air and birdlife.
We got away from there without needing to collecting any insurance but you never know what could happen.
From there the driver took us on to the Badugul leisure park on Lake Bratan. Once we made it past all of the vendors by the parking lot, we saw a beautiful park filed with flowering trees and bushes. There were many
stupas and shrines in the park. Sitting out in the lake was the Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple. The setting was breathtaking.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- In a nutshell:A must see !
Really worth looking for, are the beautifully stone carved buddhist stupas that are located in the park. more travel advice
On the northeastern shore of the lake the romantic Pura Ulun Danu Bratan sits in the water. This is the temple of the... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Bedugul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountain, lakes, and pines"
- "Bali's Hill Station & one Sacred Temple Site"
- "Balinese Mountain Lakes"
- "Temple visit"
- "Bedugul - Ulun Danu & Lake Beratan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bedugul
- Hotels in Bedugul
- Transportation in Bedugul
- Restaurants in Bedugul
- Shopping in Bedugul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bedugul
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Bedugul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bedugul
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues