"Borobudur, lost in time" Top 5 Page for this destination Borobudur by kyoub
Borobudur Travel Guide: 190 reviews and 651 photos
Only after you make your way thru the vendors and touts, that follow you all the way to the steps of the temple, do you finally set eyes on this feat of stone. Then you realize that you are looking at one of the wonders of the world.
Construction of Borobudur was said to have taken 75 years to complete.
It consists of 1,500 reliefs and 500 statues of the Buddha. There are 72 meditating Buddha inside the bell-shaped stupas on the top terrace.
The temple is made of grey andesite,a volcanic rock which was mined from the river beds.
This stupa is broken so you can see very plainly the meditating Bubbha sitting inside.
- Pros:A truely must see
- In a nutshell:Worth the extra effort to get there.
In the early 1970's a team of international archaeologists investigated Borobudur. They found that the condition of the... more travel advice
All you will need is your camera bag and a small amount of cash Comfortable walking shoes are a must. Bring the... more travel advice
kyoub's Related Pages
Borobudur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Under Contruction - Raffles' Other Discovery"
- "Borobudur, lost in time"
- "IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN"
- "Central Java - Borobudur"
- "Magical Borobudur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borobudur
- Hotels in Borobudur
- Transportation in Borobudur
- Nightlife in Borobudur
- Restaurants in Borobudur
- Shopping in Borobudur
- Warnings and Dangers in Borobudur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Borobudur
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Borobudur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borobudur
Photos in BorobudurSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 41 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 22 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curaçao Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Borneo Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 34 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues